Heavy equipment operator training in Alberta Canada is available in multiple forms. Before you begin searching for a training program, it is a good idea to identify if you have any experience that would benefit you such as: familiar with equipment, mechanics, operator safety, and industries that hire operators. Having an understanding of these questions will help you determine the best school and training program for you.
- Portage College in Boyle Alberta. A 16 week Heavy Equipment Operator certificate program.
- High Velocity Training Centre in Camrose Alberta. 12 week Multi Equipment certificate program.
- Interior Heavy Equipment Operator School Inc. in Red Deer County Alberta. 12 week Heavy Equipment Operator program.
- Transport Training Centres of Canada in Calgary, Lethbridge and Medicine Hat. 8 week Four Piece Heavy Equipment Operator program.
- Olds College 14 week Heavy Equipment Operator certificate program.
Training by the International Union in Alberta Canada
Another great option would be to receive training from the local chapter of IUOE. Here you will earn quality training as well as build a network of relationships to support you throughout your career.
Heavy Machine Operators Must Have the Following:
- Able to work at heights
- Good judgement of distance
- Past experience running tractors, military is a benefit.
- Good health and physical condition
- Ability to work in harsh weather conditions
- Great eye hand foot coordination
- Problem solver
- Mechanically minded