Heavy Equipment Operators License

To be a general heavy equipment operator you will need to have your Class A CDL license to be able to haul equipment to the various job sites. Check your local state for their rules and regulations on other specific heavy equipment operators license.

If you would like to specialize as a crane operator you will need to have further training and earn a NCCCO certification. To see if your state requires this certification please refer to their website http://www.nccco.org/licensing/index.html.


NCCCO Certification

The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) crane operator certification is one of the most widely recognized certifications in the crane operator industry. NCCCO is an independent, not-for-profit organization incorporated in January 1995 to establish and administer a nationwide program for the certification of crane operators

Related content